1. If you are out of baking powder (1tsp) USE 1/2 tsp cream of tartar plus 1/4 tsp baking soda.
2. If you are out of balsamic vinegar (1T) USE 1 T cider vinegar or red wine vinegar plus 1/2 tsp sugar.
3. If you are out of buttermilk (1 cup) USE 1 T lemon juice or vinegar plus enough milk to equal 1 cup (let stand 5 min before using) or 1 cup plain yogurt.
4. If you are out of self-rising flour (1 cup) USE 1 cup all-purpose flour plus1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp baking soda.
5. If you are out of half-and-half or light cream (1 cup) USE 1 T melted butter or margarine plus enough whole milk to make one cup.
6. If you are out of onion, chopped (1/2 cup) USE 2 T dried minced onion or 1/2 tsp onion powder
7. If you are out of tomato sauce (2 cups) USE 3/4 cup tomato paste plus 1 cup water.
8. If you are out of pre-made poultry seasoning (1 tsp) USE 3/4 tsp dried sage and 1/4 tsp dried thyme.
9. If you are out of pre-made Cajun seasoning
(1 T) USE 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion
powder, 1/2 tsp ground red pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika, and 1/2 tsp ground
10. If you are out of allspice (ground) USE ground cinnamon, nutmeg or cloves.
Sharing With My Sisters is for that exact purpose. A whole bunch of
sisters, sharing their recipes. Some can cook and some are still
learning, or should I say, some submit recipes and others read and cook
them! Do you have a recipe you would like to share and see on our blog?
Contact us by commenting below.